Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

roas flexible strategy treshold for display

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi the community,

I can't find my post regarding a previous question, so sorry for redundancy..

Cpa need at least about 50 conversions a month to be triggered, right ?

How many conversions does the ROAS flexible strategy need to be used in a display campaign ? As i try to use Roas, but i 've got a error message saying briefly that "i haven't enough conversions" ..or something similar.

Tks in advance for your explanations..

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: roas flexible strategy treshold for display

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

No, Cpa bidding require at least 15 conversions from last 30 days.Here you can find the requirement of CPA bidding.

CPA.PNG

How many conversions does the ROAS flexible strategy need to be used in a display campaign ? 

To enable the Target ROAS, there should be at least 30 conversion in ad groups within 30 days. Please follow the link for more info.

Roas.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

No, Cpa bidding require at least 15 conversions from last 30 days.Here you can find the requirement of CPA bidding.

CPA.PNG

How many conversions does the ROAS flexible strategy need to be used in a display campaign ? 

To enable the Target ROAS, there should be at least 30 conversion in ad groups within 30 days. Please follow the link for more info.

Roas.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@garguier s

Try increasing your conversion window to 90 days as it is a new feature now, even if some help pages say still about a 30 days conversion window. This should help you record more conversions if the time lag is of importance.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rakesh,

So , the strategy woulb be to start with CPA and then migrate for ROAS ?

Or to start from CPC max and watch conversions growing and as soon as the treshold is reached to change for bidding with ROAS straight away from cpc max (e-commerce website) ?

Tk for your help..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh and Adrian..

A little "up", about the way to handle properly Roas bidding strategy ? Tks in advance..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After you meet the criteria for starting to use this strategy you have to decide the ROAS value.

Use the following instructions for this : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071#TargetROAS

This is the key phrase 

"

• To find your historical conversion value per cost data, you'll need to select "Customise columns" from theColumns drop-down and add the "Conv. value/cost" column from the list of "Performance" columns. Then, multiply your conversion value per cost metric by 100 to get your target ROAS per cent."

Also check the results daily to verify if things haven't changed in a bad way after enabling this feature.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Tks Adrian,

So, they don't speak about a potentiel cpa campaign running beforehand. So i assume that before going for ROAS, you have to bid on a cpc max bid model.
So if you want try roas from a cpa already campaign, firstly you 'll have to change for cpc max for a while (downgrading) and after go for roas. I understand that behind the google explanation..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Running CPA before ROAS is not a requirement. These are both automated bidding features, they both handle your MaxCPC values the best way they can to achieve their different goal. Besides a history of conversion the main requirement is the value of conversions.

The goal of CPA is to maintain the price of conversion under a target and the goal of ROAS is to achieve profitable conversions, because in this case you enter in the equation also the value of conversions.