AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

revisits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If a customer visits my site through a PPC/CPC adword link, and then later in the day/week/month/year revisits my site through the same avenue will I have to pay again? I am concerned that the local competition will click my budget away stopping me from getting real customers! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal D
September 2015

Re: revisits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vishal,
Yes, you will have to pay again as it's pay per click. In fact, this is actually normal searching behaviour for those shopping around or researching numerous products.

However, I wouldn't about your competitors clicking as Google uses very advanced invalid click detection technology. You can find more info here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Vishal,

As @Dave_Davis mentioned before, the system of detecting invalid clicks is advanced and reduces the possibility for anybody wishing to waste your advertising money to minimum.

I'd like to ad one more link with an interesting article about invalid traffic. There is a section called " Viewing invalid click data". While working with your campaigns, you can always look through the numbers of invalid clicks.

As far as I've noticed, invalid clicks are usually the smallest problem of all: it's our mistakes and under/over optimization that wastes money Smiley Happy

Milda Prušinskaitė

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vishal,
Yes, you will have to pay again as it's pay per click. In fact, this is actually normal searching behaviour for those shopping around or researching numerous products.

However, I wouldn't about your competitors clicking as Google uses very advanced invalid click detection technology. You can find more info here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Vishal,

As @Dave_Davis mentioned before, the system of detecting invalid clicks is advanced and reduces the possibility for anybody wishing to waste your advertising money to minimum.

I'd like to ad one more link with an interesting article about invalid traffic. There is a section called " Viewing invalid click data". While working with your campaigns, you can always look through the numbers of invalid clicks.

As far as I've noticed, invalid clicks are usually the smallest problem of all: it's our mistakes and under/over optimization that wastes money Smiley Happy

Milda Prušinskaitė