AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

request them to review invalid clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, does anyone know how we can request an invalid click review?  I have clickreports, and had 1 valid click for the day, and another IP that repeatedly clicked my banner multiple times (6 times until I blocked their IP), but I was charged for 3 of those invalid clicks.

I just want to get ahold of someone, be it through email or phone about this.  I know it isn't a lot of money overall, but as a new business, these hurt, and it is happening a lot...I really wish they would tighten up the filters for click spam.  If someone clicks my link 6 times in under 30 minutes, they obviously aren't a real customer, and I don't think I should get charged for any of their clicks.

Thanks~

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: request them to review invalid clicks?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi armatis1 and welcome to the forum.

How often are you seeing this sort of invalid click activity?  What % per month of your clicks would you consider to be invalid?

Bear in mind that the vast majority of Internet users don't have static IPs so you do have to be a little careful you're not simply blocking an IP that's actually one of a range assigned to the customers of a particuar ISP (although in fairness it's highly unlikely the same address would be re-assigned 6 times in 30 minutes).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆