Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

remove phishing - NOT SOLVED

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What's the best way to remove adwords phishing?

How do you notify google that your domain should be flagged and reviewed if a scammer tries to register adword phishing campaign?

I have an ongoing problem. It's amazing how these illegitimate sites can continually post obvious scams to steal login credentials through the adwords system.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: remove phishing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

As Leandro and Moshe have both said, the process to follow is to 1) submit the feedback, either using the form Leandro provided or by calling the AdWords team, or 2) provide the information Moshe asked for so that we can escalate the ads appropriately.

We use the same process here on the Community as they do on the AdWords team, which is to send it to the policy team for review. No one on this forum has direct access to any AdWords accounts, so all requests will go through the policy team.

Please follow whichever of the two processes you're most comfortable with and we can proceed from there.

Thanks!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Peter, how are you?

You can try this page to see if you can open a ticket or something about that:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

If that doesn't work, you could get in touch with support and see what they suggest you to do:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I contact support every 24 hours with a new phishing adwords campaign for the same site. I need a more permanent solution. This is ridiculous. Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does a Google Adwords manager ever frequent this forum? It's way too easy to create a phishing adwords campaign. What is going on here?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Peter G

Report here; We could submit the case directly to the "phishing squad"

What we need though is:

1. a screenshot of the ad on the SERP ;
  2. And the click-string; (when hovering on the ad-->right click-->copy link address)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I WILL NOT allow all your scammer customers to copy the link. You need to provide me direct contact with an Adwords manager so I can provide the details. Thanks-- I'm sure you understand.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Peter G

We have done this several times in the past with diffrent scams.  There was no issue with that;
The team could be accessed using  the link @leandrofm provided.

These are the   channels Google  has set for phishing, (and the details  requested to effectively handle the case), and we have to follow those. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anyone have any administrative control here? I have contacted Google support each day for the last 10 business days. Each time it takes 24 hours for the phishing link to be removed and a new one is in place within a day. Who can I contact about this?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

As Leandro and Moshe have both said, the process to follow is to 1) submit the feedback, either using the form Leandro provided or by calling the AdWords team, or 2) provide the information Moshe asked for so that we can escalate the ads appropriately.

We use the same process here on the Community as they do on the AdWords team, which is to send it to the policy team for review. No one on this forum has direct access to any AdWords accounts, so all requests will go through the policy team.

Please follow whichever of the two processes you're most comfortable with and we can proceed from there.

Thanks!
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. I understand that this forum is the incorrect place to report a complete failure in the adwords system. I will continue to try to raise the Google adwords support team through the links provided.

UPDATE: I reported the current phishing adwords link 8 hours ago. I will report back when they are finally able to remove it.  So your community members can better understand the failure in the system.

Thanks