AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

redirecting from old site to new

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We were using a blog site to start out with. I need google adwords to direct to the new site that was just created, and stopping directing traffic to the old. How do I input the new site info to get it to see the new site?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: redirecting from old site to new

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Redirect command (e.g 301) should work, as long as the the landing page URL (the URL that the user ends up after all redirects) matches the display URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Moshe raises a good point there, but you wouldn't necessarily need to use a redirect to change the details of your ad. If you simply wanted to change the website that your AdWords ads goes to you could just edit the Display URL and Destination URL to refer to the new website you have created. You could do this by hovering your mouse over the ad, clicking on the pencil icon, and then editing the ad.

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is what I ended up doing! I got it to work! It took longer for Google to change it, but it did change.Smiley Wink

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Glad that helped! Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy