Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"image is incorrect size" Image Ad Error Message

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have scoured the formums and see no solutions that help...

Attempting to create an image ad. When I attempt to upload an image under 50K within the accepted size parameters, I get "Image Is Incorrect Size" error message.

This only happens on some dimensions. For example, I have succussfully uploaded a 200x200 and 300x250.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vitamin
September 2015

Re: "image is incorrect size" Image Ad Error Message

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 11
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey all, 

GOT IT!   It was my bad.   :?   Thank you for all the support.

I embarassingly took the words Wide skyscraper and Skyscraper and imagined the dimensions 600 wide and 160/120 high.  

Instead of course, the acctual dimensions are 160/120 wide and 600 high.

Once i corrected the issue, it loaded fine.   DUH!   ha.   

Thanks again for the support.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello vitamin;

+1 ("a star") for searching the forum before asking. Not many do that... Smiley Happy

The formats you are using are OK. Please double-check that you are under 50K, and within the size....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Moshe,

If the image was greater than 50KB, would'nt the message be different?

Anyway, yes, the file is indeed less than the maximum 50KB. My file is 23.3KB.

I've tried both 120 x 600 Skyscraper and 160 x 600 Wide skyscraper and both result in the same afformentioned error message.

I would be willing to do a remote session so that issue can be properly diagnosed. :/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi vitamin;

I am not familiar with the exact wording of the error message.

Anyway, can you try with a different image with the same size ? (Could be a bug with this specific picture format).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello vitamin,

To my curiosity, it would be interested to know which file type are you trying to upload for your image ads because the prescribed types are jpeg, jpg, png, gif and .swf for flash ads as per this help center article.

You might try a different image ad for Skyscraper and Wide skyscraper formats and see if those are accepted or not.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Moshe - thanks for the continued suggestions.   I tried both changing the image completely and changing its format from .jpg to .png.    Still no luck.

@pankaj - I have tried both .png and .jpg.   I also tried changing the image ad as suggested and still no luck....thanks.

I'm at a loss.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

And last attempt; before we refer the case to Google,  asking them to step in:

Are you using any Ad blocker?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hmmm... I've never heard of "ad blocker".   I did a search in the adwords help section and nothing stood out.   

Is there a quick way to know if I am or am not using ad blocker?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Long shot: what is the colour depth of the images that were accepted and what is the depth of the ones rejected? Maybe (no idea if I'm right) the rejected ones are 32 bits and the accepted ones are 24 bits.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@ AdWiser the colour depth is 8. :/

Thanks for the idea.