4.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budget"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started a campaign and have been getting the above warning on every keyword.  I currently have a budget of $40/day and my highest CPC is $2.50 with and average CPC of about $1.40.  My ads also have above average to high quality scores.  I have worked on past campaigns with lower budgets and higher average CPCs and have never run into this issue.  

Any suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: "We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budg

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Bill,

The reason you are seeing this message is because the system has determined that your campaign’s daily budget is too low, to allow your ad to show in every single anticipated auction throughout the day.

The system, will by default, in this situation only show your ad spaced out throughout the day to ensure that your ad shows in the morning, and in the evening. This will mean that you may miss out on auctions throughout the day. This is called Standard Delivery. You can change this setting to Accelerated Delivery in the Settings tab of your campaign to have your ads show on search terms as they become eligible, but this may mean your budget depletes early on in the day. 

This message by no way impacts the position your ad can have in the search results when it does show.

I hope that clears things up.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill H
September 2015

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bill,

The high search volume of the keywords in this campaign can be a problem, and the Adwords system tries to regulate the ad delivery.

The immediate solution will be either increasing your daily budget or reducing your keyword Max CPCs.

Please go through an earlier thread on the same subject below, which has some nice suggestions and insights.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Why-are-my-ads-not-showing/td-p/176438/pag...

Hope this Helps,

Deepak

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Bill,

The reason you are seeing this message is because the system has determined that your campaign’s daily budget is too low, to allow your ad to show in every single anticipated auction throughout the day.

The system, will by default, in this situation only show your ad spaced out throughout the day to ensure that your ad shows in the morning, and in the evening. This will mean that you may miss out on auctions throughout the day. This is called Standard Delivery. You can change this setting to Accelerated Delivery in the Settings tab of your campaign to have your ads show on search terms as they become eligible, but this may mean your budget depletes early on in the day. 

This message by no way impacts the position your ad can have in the search results when it does show.

I hope that clears things up.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So when I get that message it doesn't mean that my ads aren't showing, just that they aren't showing as much as they could if I raised my budget?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill H
September 2015

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Exactly, Bill!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I think I got it now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello KatheleenG. I have a doubt regarding this. What if I target my campaign only to appear in search results / network? I mean, in this case what is the difference of Standard Delivery or Accelerated Delivery ? In this case I will only be charged if someone clicks on my ad and in this case I will be happy if my ad shows every time someone searches for keywords that leads to my ad. Am I right on this? I mean, I think I will not be charged whenever my ad appears in search results unless someone clicks on it, right?

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Diogo P,

You are only charged when your ad is clicked. But if you have a low budget, and your ad schedule is extended, Google makes a prediction that your X budget and Y Cost per click will generate Z impressions and clicks. With that prediction model, they Google may not show your Ad in every single auction when your Ad schedule extends for Many hours in order for your ad to potentially stretch through your projected ad schedule.

If your budget is low you can increase your budget, or reduce your time schedule to the most profitable times based on prior conversion data or even use bid adjustment at different times of the day and sculpt your account to a profitable ROI.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Eric! Thank you for your response. That make it more clear to me. Yes my budget is low (max 2 euros per day). I want to test it and see if I have results. Then I can invest more if necessary. But what I am selling / promoting is freelance video production services. For example if someone needs a cameraman or a video editor in my country and looks for it in Google, I want my ad to appear and would be happy if this person clicks on it. So I really don't care if my daily budget ends fast once it means I got clicks to my website. And probably these persons were looking for services that I can provide. So it's a good sign if my daily budget runs out fast.
This is why I prefer that my ad is always visible until my daily budget for this campaign runs out. I think this is better than letting Google decides when will my ad appear, once Google does not know if the person will click or not. So the sooner the Ad appears in search results the most probable I will get clicks.
To reduce time schedule is not wise I think once anyone in the world may look for a cameraman service in my country at any time of the day. I mean if you are organizing a project and you are in a different country, it can be day in your country and night in my country. So and once again I think the best is for my ad to appear every time until the daily budget ends due to clicks on my ad. And if it does end.... perfect! Its a good sign once people are looking for me and my services and are visiting my website.
This is the way I see it. But maybe I am wrong.
Best regards