AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"Unacceptable Content" for all my ads. But allowed for other companies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am developing 'Monitoring Software' and I am using Adwords and AdCenter to advertise it.

Almost all was good, until today. All my ads were disapproved with the issue: "Unacceptable Content"."Content: At this time, Google policy prohibits the advertisement of websites that contain hacking or cracking."

As far as I undestand, starting from today Google decide to suspend ads relating to 'monitoring software'.

One of the keyword I use is "keylogger".

I was suprised when I typed keyword 'keyloger' in google search and got the ad

"

1. Key Logger Software | spectorsoft.comSecretly Record Ever Keystroke With Spector Key Logging Software
"

I would say, 'spectorsoft' is our competitor and their ads were not disapproved.

So the same king of software are allowed for some company, but not allowed for others.

Why this heppens?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Valery.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Unacceptable Content" for all my ads. But allowed for other companies.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Valery, the disapproval appears to relate to your website not your ads, so to provide any useful feedback we'd really need to see the site in question.

Can you provide your URL and indicate the landing page(s) used for your ads?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Thanks for quick answer.

Landing page is http://hwsuite.com/keylogger/ and similar for other languages.

Regards,

Valery.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Valery, well your site certainly doesn't look like a hackers site to me, so I'd say the disapproval is inaccurate for that reason.  My only concern would be the possibility that it would fall under "Web monitoring software or devices".

Have you requested a review of the disapproval?  Quite often such processes are automated and based upon certain keywords or themes from a website which, when reviewed by a human being, are overturned.  Use the "Contact Adwords" link in the top right of this page to get in touch with Google, explain the situation and you may find it'll be sorted out for you, or at least clarified.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Several days ago, I translated my site to Swedish and German and I submitted ads for them. When most of them were diapproved, I sent a request to the support. I asked why I my ads for Spain were approved, but the same (in Swedish and German) were diapproved. I got answer that they would review all my ads for all compagns. And the day after, I got all ads disapproved.

So I do not know what to do now.

Regards,

Valery.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Valery,

Thanks for posting on the forum! Before I begin, I want to explain that no one on this forum, even Google employees such as myself, have access to your account, but we are happy to help as much as we can!

Cobnut appears to be on to something, in that it appears that an aspect of your product is not in line with our Hacking Policy. While keyloggers are not inherently against policy, Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of web monitoring devices that monitor web traffic without the user's knowledge. Based on the product description on your site, this policy appears to line up with the 'website monitoring' feature of your product. 

As it appears that you are already in contact with a member of support, I would encourage you to continue discussing these disapprovals with that individual. You should be able to simply reply to any email from that support member to get in touch with them. Otherwise, you can feel free to reach out to support again by selecting 'Contact AdWords' in the upper right-hand corner of this webpage.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you,

Brian D.