AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"Promote this Video" Button vs Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wondering if these two are one in the same. When I clicked the "Promote this Video" button under one of my videos, it brings me to a form that is still on the YouTube site and NOT on Adwords. However, the button does not show up on every video and I wanted to promote a different video that does not show the button. 

Is using my Adwords account to create a video ad campaign the same thing as the "Promote this Video" through the form on the YouTube site?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy A
September 2015

Re: "Promote this Video" Button vs Adwords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

i hope the below helps:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/I-can-t-promote-my-videos-It-just-shows-a...

The promotion you are seeing is also through Adwords for Video only. Once you select the campaign budget, it will take you to the adwords for video interface. 

Let me know if this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes. Once you select the promote button you will be asked to enter a budget which will give you estimated views along with an estimated CPV, after which you will land up in the Adwords interface wherein you will have to create an ad for your video along with the other campaign and targeting settings (initially it will be set to default). Would suggest changing it as per your plan.

Happy to help you. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeremy,

These are 2 different things that you are talking about. In order to promote your videos you can use Youtube Trueview Ads. For this, you can go to Adwords & create a video campaign for the video you want to promote. Here, you will have to pay for every view (30 secs or end of video) that your video gets.

The option you are seeing is called "Fan Finder". This is a tool through which Google will promote your video as an ad for free. However, there is a criteria that you need to follow.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. The form I am brought to when I click the "Promote this Video" button on the YouTube site has a field for "Budget" and it gives me an estimate on views for the entered budget. So it is not the free option that you are describing.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

i hope the below helps:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/I-can-t-promote-my-videos-It-just-shows-a...

The promotion you are seeing is also through Adwords for Video only. Once you select the campaign budget, it will take you to the adwords for video interface. 

Let me know if this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe it does, but let me know if I am reading this right.

The two run on the exact same system. The button on YouTube just goes through a front end form that ends up running off of Adwords. It would be exactly the same if I just went through Adwords from the beginning and create a video ad campaign.

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes. Once you select the promote button you will be asked to enter a budget which will give you estimated views along with an estimated CPV, after which you will land up in the Adwords interface wherein you will have to create an ad for your video along with the other campaign and targeting settings (initially it will be set to default). Would suggest changing it as per your plan.

Happy to help you. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit