Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"Downgrade" from dynamic remarketing to standard remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I tired to setup dynamic remarketing on the account I manage and now I want to switch back to standard remarketing - get standard tracking tag instead of that dynamic one - cant see that option anywhere inside Adwords interface. Do I need to manually create that tag now or is there an option to go back to the selection screen where you choose whether you want dynamic remarketing or remarketing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

TOm

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: "Downgrade" from dynamic remarketing to standard remarke

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Permission,

Have you had a chance to look at this article? Here it explains which part of the code is for Remarketing and which part is for Dynamic Remarketing. You could just remove the Remarketing portion. 

However, it may be simpler (my personal suggestion) to just start it from scratch. This would ensure that no steps were missed and the code is 100% accurate. Here is how you do that. 

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Permission,

Have you had a chance to look at this article? Here it explains which part of the code is for Remarketing and which part is for Dynamic Remarketing. You could just remove the Remarketing portion. 

However, it may be simpler (my personal suggestion) to just start it from scratch. This would ensure that no steps were missed and the code is 100% accurate. Here is how you do that. 

Hope that helps. 

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Tom,

The dynamic and static remarketing tag are exactly the same, except that for dynamic remarketing, you need to pass some additional parameters. If you're no longer interested in dynamic remarketing you can still keep using the same tag and lists but just use static ads with it. 

There's no need to remove the tag completely and replace it with a tag without parameters

- Maxime