AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"Ad ideas" not saving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Would appreciate some help regarding 'ad ideas' when creating an ad.

This is where ideas are generated using images you provide. I keep going through the process clicking 'create an ad' of selecting an image, selcting a design, typing out the urls.  Then.... there is no indication that it has saved it.  It does not show up where it should do under my ad group.  

What am I not doing or doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew J
February 2017

"Ad ideas" not saving

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You are very welcome. 

I do understand where you are, so no worries there. When you do create the ads, keep my information in mind so that your ads will appear to you. Also, when you are creating image ads, look at the fine wording along the very bottom and upper part of the pages as you proceed. You do have to save them in order for them to be saved. If there is an error, it will not save either and you would need to look at the very bottom of the page (under the ad) for the issue to correct. Image size, weight, quality, etc.. are really important. And the images will often not be accepted if they are pulled from Google images, as you need to own the image and it needs to be relative to what your are promoting with AdWords. 

You should use this information to guide you. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

"Ad ideas" not saving

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

The first I would do is to go to your Ads tab, and change the view to All. This is located right above the large red box: + Ad.

When this setting is on All enabled ads, you will only see ads that are enabled. New ads are not enabled yet, so you would not see them until they were approved and enabled.  

Kind Regards,

James

"Ad ideas" not saving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

thanks for your response.  I created some ad groups for a display ad campaign but couldn't create the ad until I knew if my boss was or wasn't creating the adverts himself.  So these are not enabled ad groups.  Now I can neither proceed, nor delete these groups.  Cannot tick the check box that would otherwise remove the ad group, and cannot create an ad.

If I try and create an image ad (in ad ideas), it doesn't record seem to save it/

If I try and create a responsive ad, it doesn't save my uploaded images.

I am not expecting you to make sense of that but if you have any thoughts, please let me know.

"Ad ideas" not saving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have since deleted the whole campaign and started again!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew J
February 2017

"Ad ideas" not saving

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You are very welcome. 

I do understand where you are, so no worries there. When you do create the ads, keep my information in mind so that your ads will appear to you. Also, when you are creating image ads, look at the fine wording along the very bottom and upper part of the pages as you proceed. You do have to save them in order for them to be saved. If there is an error, it will not save either and you would need to look at the very bottom of the page (under the ad) for the issue to correct. Image size, weight, quality, etc.. are really important. And the images will often not be accepted if they are pulled from Google images, as you need to own the image and it needs to be relative to what your are promoting with AdWords. 

You should use this information to guide you. 

Kind Regards,

James