4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

question regarding the current ad situation on YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand that TrueView Discovery ads at the moment are unavailable at the moment. However, I'm seeing over in the YouTube Help forums complaints from viewers (users) and creators (publishers) that the standard display ads as well as in-video overlay ads are nowhere to be found. The only ad format left appears to be TrueView video ads and bumper ads. 

So the questions I have for you are:

• Are display ads gone from YouTube?
    • If so, is this permanent or just until further advertiser controls are implemented?
    • If not, is there a reason why quite a lot of people don't recall seeing one for weeks?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: question regarding the current ad situation on YouTube

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Leo W;

Following  Google's  decision to temporarily pause select ad placements on YouTube for brand safety reasons, Google updated the  expected timeline  for reactivating the paused formats. That said, do remember that it is  possible for timelines to shift  / change due to unforeseen circumstances. So for now, this  is an estimate.

Mid to late May:
Auction Display ads targeting YouTube on desktop (Overlays and 300x250 Display Ads)
Reservation Sponsorship ads (480x70 In Video overlays)

Mid to late June:

TrueView Discovery ads on YouTube Search

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: question regarding the current ad situation on YouTube

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Leo W;

Following  Google's  decision to temporarily pause select ad placements on YouTube for brand safety reasons, Google updated the  expected timeline  for reactivating the paused formats. That said, do remember that it is  possible for timelines to shift  / change due to unforeseen circumstances. So for now, this  is an estimate.

Mid to late May:
Auction Display ads targeting YouTube on desktop (Overlays and 300x250 Display Ads)
Reservation Sponsorship ads (480x70 In Video overlays)

Mid to late June:

TrueView Discovery ads on YouTube Search

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for this MosheTLV!!

I had been searching for weeks for this information!

Where did you get it?

And any update on it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Ken Cl;

Straight from the horse's mouth.  Smiley Surprised This is a Google's official advertiser community. Unclear / unresolved  issues could be escalated  to the product team at   Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have followed this thread since, April! I understand that many AD formats are currently paused, except pre-roll/mid/post-roll ads. Do you have any updates on when Ads will return? I know you last slated for late may/june, and it's June 25th, with still no Overlay/Display Ads or TrueView/Discovery ads available yet. Just looking for any information and updates on this, as I know google is working hard to sort everything out.

I also posted a thread in the YouTube forum, referencing this.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/HH6nnDTXBnY;context-place=mydiscussions

Any additional information would be much appreciated thank you!!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'll ask Google to update the status

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for answering my question so quickly!! 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@BOY C;

We are trying to get an update on the timeline from the product team.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great! Keep me posted. I am seeing a slight increase on pre - roll ads, throughout the site, even on my own content although I'm not sure if that's directly correlated to the other ad formats making their return. 

Thank you @MosheTLV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my videos are monetize but i cant see my revenue

or ad rates