1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

property management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just started  new real estate brokerage and one of our areas of specialization will be residential property management of rental properties for owners/investors.

I am wondering the best way to target these folks on the net in my geo area.  Such as what suggested key words to use, forecasted budget to start with, results to be expected.

Any guidance from experienced advertisers is greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: property management

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Bob;

I would recommend reading the case studies in the user articles section of the community (in the upper navigation bar). You'll find many  helpful tips and best practices for setting up a campaign for your type of  business.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Bob,

I've been in that industry in the past and still market to people needing real estate services however not property management specifically. In my mind you will have to consider the fact that some people will be searching for "property managers in [your city]" and other might be more specific looking for something like "investor friendly property managers" or some variation thereof where they are more specific about who they are.

You need to account for both obviously, and this may be best achieved by putting them in separate campaigns so you can allocate a certain budget to more generic search terms and more of your budget to the targeted bunch as well as measure your cost per lead easier. 

With that said, the size of the geo area you are targeting is going to have a big play into the size your budget should be and there is no way to give a clear answer for it.

As for targeted keywords using terms like property managers, property management companies, property rental management would be the place to start. Add the city (and community names if they are relevant) to the end of them and watch your search query report to begin adding negative keywords.

If you don't have enough traffic adding these search terms in exact and phrase match I would highly recommend you use Broad Match Modifier since I've noticed there are so many variations people use in the real estate industry for some reason. Still surprises me.

I hope this helps somewhat and you have a successful venture with the new brokerage!

Dustin

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bob,

You can check your keywords busing the Google Keyword planner to get a better idea of how many searches occur for each keyword. By far the following are the best keywords to use:

"property management city"
"city property management"

Those are the two terms that are searched for most by Owners/Investors looking for a management company.

A lesser search result would be "city property manager", "property manager city", but I would still go after those.

That will account for 90% of your potential.

<edited by a Community Manager to comply with Posting Guidelines>

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I agree with Patrick here on the right keywords to target. For budget -- I usually say to try to accumulate at least 20 clicks/day to gather enough data to start making relevant, data-driven decisions -- Property Mgmt terms seem to run about $3/click (according to KWspy), so budget about $60/day to start.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bob... I would like to know if you proceeded with an AdWords campaign and your results. I am 30-years into the management business... Always looking for "a better wheel." Thanks (in advance) for the feedback.