3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

product targets based on id unique?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are experimenting with the new id based product targets.  I was wondering if that filter is an exact match.   For example, IfI set up a target based on id of ABC, what if I also have skus in my feed that look like ABC123 and ABCD?  Will those match too, or just the exact ABC sku?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author keyone
September 2015

Re: product targets based on id unique?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi keyone,

The way I understand this, it a unique identifer, so ABC will not match ABC123 or ABCD. You can use the Adword_Group or AdWords_Label fields to do this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keyone,

The identifier for each item has to be unique within your account, and cannot be re-used between feeds. If you have multiple feeds, ids of items within different feeds must still be unique. You can use any sequence of letters and digits for the item id.

Reasd more:

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188494#US

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=160161

Hope this helps.

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author keyone
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi keyone,

The way I understand this, it a unique identifer, so ABC will not match ABC123 or ABCD. You can use the Adword_Group or AdWords_Label fields to do this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee, we'd like to bid based on specific product IDs. How can we add 1,000's of product IDs into a campaign? AdWords Editor does not seem to support product IDs in product targets. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Upcoming Editor release will support product IDs in product targets, I'm happy to report. It's expected to come out Real Soon Now.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Editor 9.9 has just been released. It allows setting up product IDs in product targets.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can someone tell the sample to add ID in product targets? I added a few products but seems it is not working as i do not see any impression counts on it after waiting 2 days.

Each column allows upto 200 characters, if we have to add 1000 products how we can do that really fast?

Thanks.

Jin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you aren't getting any impressions after two days, there is definitely something wrong. Either the product id's you entered when creating the targets don't match any in your feed, or perhaps the promotional text ad in the ad group is disapproved or not existing.  I believe you need some kind of promo text ad.   Also check that you have added the product extension to the campaign in the Extensions tab.

Adwords desktop editor is the fastest way to create targets in bulk.  Here is a tutorial

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/48541?hl=en-GB

good luck!