Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

predicting CPC and CPA for app install

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all

I am an employee of a company that has just began digging into online advertising. I have been given the task to research the potential of implementing Google Adwords for promotion of downloads of our new App.

The app is an informational app with Pharmaceutical formulas. So I figured that the keywords are pretty 'niche' and should not be too expensive.

I went ahead and made the campaign, but did not publish it, as the app is not yet fully ready. (it is on the app stores, but we will republish the app when some minor changes are made, and after that, we will promote the app.)

So I did some research about CPC; CPA, Max CPC; conversion, and so on. I learned that for android app install, you should use CPA, but for IOS apps, you should use CPC, because google does not the detect the actual conversions yet.

I set the campaign up. But now the only cost I am able to see is max CPC: 0.01 Euro. Is that even possible?

This is what I see (its in dutch, but  I tried to translate) for keyword 'minoxidil'.

minoxidil
 Campagne is in behandeling (Campaign in treatment)

automatic: € 0,01  

In short:

My boss wants to know how much downloads Adwords can generate, for what price.

Any clarifying or help would be greatly appreciated!

Emiel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: predicting CPC and CPA for app install

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A little update; when I start setting up the campaign it asks Target-CPA. But how am I supposed to know what bidding will be concurrential?? Shouldn't there be a proposed figure be available? Or should I just enter a random number?... I'm really lost here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are lot of enhancements that AdWords has made in terms of where the advertisers can promote their mobile apps using AdWords. I would straight away refer you to this excellent help center reference which provides a complete guide on how to promote your mobile app and what all things you should consider while doing the promotion:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167162

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pankaj

Thank you for your answer. I now see that I should determine the value of one app install myself. But isn't there anywhere, a proposition that google makes? Because I can for example set my CPA to 0,50 euro. But how can I know that that price will be concurrential and that my ad wil pop up on the screen?

Thanks again,
Emiel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Emiel,

If you are using conversion tracking in your account, you could use the bid simulator to get the estimates. Target CPA Simulator can also be used to get these estimates. More details are here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470105?hl=en

Pankaj