Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

popularity in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

what's exactly the concept of "search popularity" in google adwords?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @hamideh d

Welcome to the community.

I believe this is the popularity or 'volume' for the number of searches for that particular keyword in all locations per month. Should you drill down into this further, per location for example, you may see a similar stat called avg. monthly searches. The two sets of data can be different depending on the location and other variables requested when you perform the search. 

You may use this tool to predict or make assessments on a future campaign during the planning stages. 

Hope that helps?

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James Edw Goode

Thank you for your reply

but I couldn't understand the different between "google trend" and "popularity in google adwords" . do they have same concept? or...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @hamideh d

Thank you for the reply too Smiley Happy

As i interpret it, Google Trends provides relative statistics, while Keyword Planner shows actual volume estimates. However, you would expect that these trends themselves, to be the similar to volume estimates. I have known google trends and search volume via the kw planner to sometimes have differences, so i like to use both as a guide for my expectations and planning.

Hope that helps?

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dear @James Edw Goode

I understood. but i think maybe keyword planner shows the volume of one keyword base on the keyword adwords campaigns and the total clicks of those adds . in the other words keyword planner see the volume of keyword adwords but you're right google trend provides relative statistics in whole searches.

of course It is just a conjecture. 

thank you for your cooperation.