1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: points to remember before getting into adwords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the AdWords Community

Please start learning about AdWords from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

and feel free to post any question in the forum .

Re: points to remember before getting into adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Dhivakar,

There is only so much you can learn from the Help Center. Much of the knowledge needed for successful advertising campaigns will start with you and/or your business.

Here are a few questions to ask yourself:

What are your objectives? Are you looking for leads, sales, brand exposure etc...?  (Be specific and figuring this out as it will help you to determine proper conversion tracking needed for you to track success).

Is your website ready to help you accomplish your goals; make the sale and/or capture the leads you'd be looking for? (I've seen it over and over again, an AdWords account may be almost perfect and yet the website leaves a lot to be desired.

What KPI's are most important to you - depending on your goals you may want to track Return On Ad Spend, Conversions, Conversion Rates, Cost per Conversion etc...?  (These should be the focus of any optimization techniques you may apply in the future.)

I could really go on and one here but I guess my point is to be realistic.  Understand what you're spending money on and how exactly to track your returns.  Far too many advertisers try AdWords "blind" subsequently fail and really can't see the true opportunity or value that can be had.

Also, my good buddy Jon wrote a great article where you may find some good tidbits to consider.

Where to Start (I) - Before you begin with AdWords

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or in a new thread.  There are many great folks here willing to share their professional experiences and knowledge with you.

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’