AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

pls check my adwords settings - guide me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

please check i have selected the following options..

Type  

Networks  

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam Div
September 2015

Re: pls check my adwords settings - guide me

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

Automatic bidding is fine upto certain extent, but if you really want to take the full control on various aspects of Google Adwords, you might consider switching to manual bidding in near future.

Also, in my opinion, splitting the Search and Display Campaign could be other area of improvement where you can separately optimize the Search and Display campaigns because the nature of both networks is different and users approach in a different manner.

Rest, I am not sure what type of keywords and match types are you using in your account.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priicol P,

Welcome..

I would like to suggest you to create seperate campaign for Search network or Display Network (based on your advertising goal) otherwise it will be difficult for you to manage.your campaign should be either "Search Network Only" or "Display Network Only" .

I would also encourage you to change the Campaign type from "Standard" to "All features" so that you will get additional options like Ad sheduling, IP exclusions etc which will help you to optimize your campaign.

Before targeting the devices make sure that the website is mobile & tablet friendly.Other setting are looking good to me.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

I agree with Shuva reply, regarding the bidding strategy, you have set the Automatic bidding, that looks fine if you are not familiar with the bidding options completely. Howvere i would suggests,  you can choose a manual bidding option based on your competitions and keyword planner suggestions. When your ads start serving  ads you can increase or decrease the individual keywords bid, based on your objective and budget, if you opt Manual bidding. But in Automatic bidding you can not increase or decrease the bid limit at campaigns level.

I also recommend you to read the below Article:-Adwords Bidding Strategies, posted by TC @theniks .

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam Div
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

Automatic bidding is fine upto certain extent, but if you really want to take the full control on various aspects of Google Adwords, you might consider switching to manual bidding in near future.

Also, in my opinion, splitting the Search and Display Campaign could be other area of improvement where you can separately optimize the Search and Display campaigns because the nature of both networks is different and users approach in a different manner.

Rest, I am not sure what type of keywords and match types are you using in your account.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
guys,

thanks for quick response with detailed explanation..i will change and try as requested by you. Thanks..

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Pricol, I see you've posted multiple questions asking whether your settings are "right" or not.

The variety of settings exist because what is "right" for one advertiser is not "right" for another advertiser--choices are given to allow different businesses to select the option or options that work best for them.

I would strongly advise you to read the material in the AdWords Help learning center before you start spending your money. Understanding what all of these options are is how you decide which ones are "right" for you.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*