AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

placements/display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to create an animated text ad using Google Web Designer, to use for video inlay targeting a specific YouTube channel in particular.

I created the campaign for display network only.

When I try to add the placement of the specific youtube channel, my only available option is YouTube.com as a whole, not the channel itself. Seeing how broad that is, I tried adding keyword targeting (active ride shop-the name of the channel) to restrict the ad to JUST that channel, or I guess any channel that has those keywords.... and it brings the pool from 10 billion people to about 1,000. 

My question is, if I want to use NOT a video ad, but an animated ad, created with Google Web Designer, and advertise to a specific channel on youtube, is creating a display campaign the right way to go? How come I cant add the channel. Is there a work around? Thank YOUUUUU!!!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: placements/display network

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Heidi,

Yes, creating a display network campaign is the right way to go about it, as video campaigns do not support animated text ads. If you've been running keyword contextual campaign, you can pick placements from the report and add them as managed placements in a separate ad group. Are you facing any issues with adding a placement manually?

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Heidi,

I agree with Sumanth on this. DIsplay Network campaign is the way to do this. And as Sumanth suggested, if you have already ran a Display Network campaign and have shortlisted the YouTube channel as a potential placement, you can just pick the URL from there and as it as a Managed Placement in your campaigns.

If you have never ran a Display Network campaign, I suggest you start out with Keyword Contextual targeting allowing you to narrow down your targeting to all related and relevant placements on YouTube. Once this is done, you can either select the potential placements from the campaign or go a step further and narrow down your targeting by adding layers of Topic targeting (sadly ICM targeting is going to be rolled back), this will surely make your overall targeting more niche and will allow you to target the right set of audiences.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Sumanth,
I can manually add youtube.com as a placement, but the goal is to target a specific channel.
I think your referring to the details report, it shows where your display campaign has been shown, and gives the option to add a URL as a managed placement... so should I target youtube, once it starts rolling in data, add keywords targeting the youtube channel Im chasing, then once I show on it, i will have the option to add it as a managed placement....? Am I way off? haha-thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Well, you can look for channel URL in the placement report, or go to
channels and manually copy the url to target them as managed placements in
a separate ad group.
Sumanth Sridhar