AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

placement targeting only

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is it possible for ads to be shown on management placements only with target n bid option chosen?

I mean.. If I create ads (text n banner ads) in one ad group n add chosen webpages..would my ads show on these placements?

Thanks..

NB- am using mobile to type..excuse me if am unclear as I kept it short
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
October 2015

Re: placement targeting only

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jack,

Yes, as mentioned by Archit M, the websites have to be a part of Google Display Network for your ads to be shown on them. If you are targeting high traffic websites that may have a lot of competition, you might need to bid higher to start with. You can then adjust your bids depending on performance.
Also like Archit M mentioned, you should have ads in different sizes to ensure higher chances of your ad showing up. The different image ad sizes can be seen here.

You should definitely use text ads as they can show across all inventory on desktops and mobile.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

Your ads will be shown on the webpages that you choose as managed placements if there is adsense snippet placed by the publishers on those webpages and your image ads size are offered to be shown.
Therefore, it is always advised to create image ads in different sizes proposed by adwords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
October 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jack,

Yes, as mentioned by Archit M, the websites have to be a part of Google Display Network for your ads to be shown on them. If you are targeting high traffic websites that may have a lot of competition, you might need to bid higher to start with. You can then adjust your bids depending on performance.
Also like Archit M mentioned, you should have ads in different sizes to ensure higher chances of your ad showing up. The different image ad sizes can be seen here.

You should definitely use text ads as they can show across all inventory on desktops and mobile.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Smiley Happy