AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

placement bid setting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a display campaign which is set to maximise clicks  with max cps of rs 15 and a budget of 200 . Now if i go to placements and ,select a placement and try to edit I get both change CPC and CPM bid options . Can we apply both CPC and CPM bidding within a single campaign , where at the campaign level targeting is CPC based .

secondly when i change cps bid by +50 pc and press the preview changes button , It displays the message that no changes will be made . What does it mean . Are my changes not happening ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

placement bid setting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Vyshwanara K,

Either CPC or CPM, placement level bid settings will overwrite ad group or campaign level ones. - That message is usually displayed when a change you want to make is not applicable and so will not happen.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

placement bid setting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Vyshwanara K,

Either CPC or CPM, placement level bid settings will overwrite ad group or campaign level ones. - That message is usually displayed when a change you want to make is not applicable and so will not happen.

Best,

Lakatos