5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

next to my ad is a phone number but it is not correct how do i change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: phone number

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi jhubbard1015 and welcome,

There are only a couple of places your phone number could be showing from.

If they are call extensions, click onto your ad extension tab and then view call extensions. You can edit the number here.

Location extensions are under the same tab and may have your number there as well. Easy to edit from the same palce.

Some people have used the phone numbers in the ad copy (no longer allowed in enhanced campaigns) and if this is where the number is showing, you can edit this on your ads tab. Just find the ads with the numbers and either use the checkbox followed by edit or click on the small pencil icon when you hover over the ads.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi jhubbard1015 and welcome,

There are only a couple of places your phone number could be showing from.

If they are call extensions, click onto your ad extension tab and then view call extensions. You can edit the number here.

Location extensions are under the same tab and may have your number there as well. Easy to edit from the same palce.

Some people have used the phone numbers in the ad copy (no longer allowed in enhanced campaigns) and if this is where the number is showing, you can edit this on your ads tab. Just find the ads with the numbers and either use the checkbox followed by edit or click on the small pencil icon when you hover over the ads.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From my perspective, it appears that the only reason Google is making this change is because they see a loss of revenue; if people are NOT clicking on ads, then Google gets no revenue from that ad.  It is not confusing to the client if they can clearly see our company's phone number in the ad ... Google is only attempting to force customers to click on ads so Google's revenues increase.  This change does NOT help our ROI, it only increases our advertising costs.  If I am wrong, I would like to see how.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to update my previous posting ... after working through the steps, it does appear that our company's phone number is still present within our ad, it is now beside our name instead of actually within the ad that I have created.  So, I jumped the gun on my frustrations.  It looks like this change will still allow our phone numbers to be easily viewable for Google users. 

N/A
# 5
N/A

Dave, you are absoultely right.

These garbages at google. Evil SOB's 100%.

If there are any alternatives to garbage words, I am ready to move on.