1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

one adwords account linked to one website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi ... how do i link another site to my google adwords - i would like to create a new ad for another site but within the same google adwords i have for my first site.  i dont want to create a whole new email address and register etc ...

thanks .. in anticipation >>> Gina

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: one adwords account linked to one website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The best would be to create a new campaign for the new site on the same account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The best would be to create a new campaign for the new site on the same account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Gina,

Moshe's right... all you need to do is create a new campaign for that new site and have your keywords and ads there.

Just a question here, are the 2 sites that you are advertising for selling same/similar products?
If they are, why do you have 2 different sites?
If they are not... are you planning to have a google analytics account for this? Analytics lets you link only 1 AdWords account and Analytics can have only a single code for a website... basically your tracking will be an issue.

I would always recommend creating a new account for a new business/website.
If you are concerned with having 2 different login names and passwords to everytime check your stats.. you could use an MCC account.. This is like a parent account and it will contain both your accounts... so you can use the same login etc for everyday work.. but in essense, they will be 2 different accounts.

Hope this helps! Please do write back if you need further clarification.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Gina,

The best option is what Moshe said above. Create a new campaign and target your new website using your ads and keywords.

Just make sure that only one keyword per account is allowed to trigger an ad. So, if you create a new campaign, try new keywords and new ad copies with new destination URL (i.e. your second website) and see how it goes along.

Remember that Adwords allow only one business - one account, it doesn't matter if you have 2-3 websites for the similar business. You can try all of them within a single Adwords account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj