4.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

now ad has been diabled

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello after verifying that my ad on youtube search results was getting views hits etc I now get this email. 

Thank you for using Promoted Videos. Unfortunately, one or more of your
promotions has been suspended.

You can see your disapproved ad(s)

Ad Text:

Sh t I Say To Dave Days
Spoof of Dave Days Sh t People Say
Spoof of Sh t People Say
youtube.com/OffbeatBryce

Ad Status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): [Grammar and spelling] Text Manipulation, [Inappropriate
language] Inappropriate Language
~~~~~~~~~

SUGGESTIONS:
Please edit your ads, as they currently violate our editorial policies.

Ad Content: We do not allow ads containing inappropriate language to
run on Google at this time. Please remove the inappropriate language
from your ad.
----------------------------------------------
Campaign: 'Sh t Say Dave Days,' Ad
Group: 'V=1:::T=___AD_CARRIER_MAP__::Smiley Frustrated=TRUE_VIEW_IN_SEARCH_ON_YOUTUBE_SEARCH:::C=ANY::Smiley Very Happy=Y:::TGS=PAUSED'
----------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me why this is not acceptable grammar or spelling? Why would I get this email if I was recieving impressions etc? This is rediculous. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: now ad has been diabled

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Offbeatbryce,

Clearly, there is an issue with the intended inappropriate language you have chosen to use in your ads and that indeed is a violation.  Google's review systems (both automated and human) are smart enough to understand what you have going on here.  I bet if you change it to 'stuff' - you ad will get approved.

From this policy page "Google AdWords doesn't allow ads or display URLs that contain inappropriate language. This also includes variations and misspellings of inappropriate language. "

Google will often allow ads to run as or before they happen to review them.  I think in this case, this may be what happened, or someone may have reported them as inappropriate.  Google will also, at any time, review accounts and report back any violations.

I bet if you clean up your ads, you'll be back up and running in no time.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Offbeatbryce,

Clearly, there is an issue with the intended inappropriate language you have chosen to use in your ads and that indeed is a violation.  Google's review systems (both automated and human) are smart enough to understand what you have going on here.  I bet if you change it to 'stuff' - you ad will get approved.

From this policy page "Google AdWords doesn't allow ads or display URLs that contain inappropriate language. This also includes variations and misspellings of inappropriate language. "

Google will often allow ads to run as or before they happen to review them.  I think in this case, this may be what happened, or someone may have reported them as inappropriate.  Google will also, at any time, review accounts and report back any violations.

I bet if you clean up your ads, you'll be back up and running in no time.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

On first view, I think it is due to the use of the inappropriate word in your ad text. As mentioned by PPCBossman, this is something Google does not allow and will disapprove all ads that contain such words.

You are probably receving impressions because you have multiple ads in the account? Or these might be from before the ad was suspended.

I'd recommend that you go through Google's ad policies before proceeding further: Grammar & Spelling 

Regards,

Nikhil 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

But there is no language I bleeped it out instead of **bleep** I wrote Sh t with a space. I'm confsued. Plus this was a video response to another video with the same title and that one was used as an ad fine.