4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

not able to reach the tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After signup google adword does not allow me to visit the tool option without billing. is there any way to reach the google tool without billing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: not able to reach the tool

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Gharelu,

Thanks for posting to the Community. There is a known technical issue with the Keyword Planner Tool such that, at times, it does not work in accounts without active campaigns. You can see a similar issue raised in this thread: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Can-t-access-keyword-planner/td...

However, there is currently a known issue with the Keyword Planner for advertisers with active campaigns as well. If after you set up your billing information and first campaign, you find you still cannot access it, please let me know here and I will be able to give you an update.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

I just experienced this issue as well. Can you confirm if campaigns must be active in order to use the keyword tool? Or can I still access it if they're paused? I checked out the thread you posted, but it's not clear if it counts if a campaign is "paused".

I went through the set up, and still keep getting an error telling me that I must have an account set up and to refresh the keyword tool, but I've been doing this for over half an hour with the same results.

Please help! Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, to add–sometimes I can get into the keyword planner when I switch to "active" campaign (even though I don't want to run ads right now) and when I get into the keyword planner it either gives me the same error after a few minutes, or that no data can be reached.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Jess,

If you're still seeing an error in an account which has an active campaign, then this is likely the issue that I mentioned above. The technical team is currently working on a fix for the latter issue, and I will follow up with an update when it has been fixed.

Thanks for your patience,
Cassie

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Jess,

Just wanted to add that I updated my original post for accuracy. There is actually no requirement that you have an active campaign in order to use the Keyword Planner. Rather, this is a technical issue that our engineers are already aware of. I apologize for the confusion, but thanks again for your patience. I'll post back here when I have an update about the issue.

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, CassieH.

This phenomenon begin to happen again on many accounts without active campaign today, and it seems many accounts are affected.
i.e.http://www.baka-ke.com/2016/09/13/kwp-is-dead/

Is this a bug again, or now is it official rollout?

I know it's bug if the message appears on accounts with active campaigns.

I want to know whether showing this message to accounts without active campaign is now official maneuver or not.

Experts in the Topic
CassieH