4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

no impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I have just registered in Admob, filled up balance from credit card, received email "Google AdWords: We've received your payment" so there is 10 euros on my account. Then i created campaign, now it is approved, but there are no impressions at all for at least 20 hours. I wonder what i do wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: no impressions

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Try shouting at Google... no really. Hike up your bids way above where you would ideally want them to be. This seems to get their attention and can kick start impressions. As soon as you see some impressions drop the bid down a bit, and keep dropping it little by little to the level you are happy with and that doesn't cut off the traffic. In any event, you can only spend your daily budget (plus 20% on any given day), so you're not going to run up a massive bill.

This does seem to work in many cases - please let us know how it works for you.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Kristina,

Welcome to adwords community. Have you checked your ads via Google's Ad Preview Tool?

There could be any number of reasons.
1. your keywords aren't so specific that no one has searched by them yet. (he keywords you choose must be searched by Google users). Find the specific keywords via Google Keyword tool
2. Your bid is as low . set your maximum cost per click (max CPC) bid is not high high enough to beat your competition for ad placements.
3. Work on quality score, Check the quality of score of your keywords.

Poor landing pages can also impact your impressions, and preclude the system from showing any of your ads. If any of your status messages read landing page = poor, your website is the root of the problem, and will need to be fixed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kristina,
Welcome the Community !
I think your Ad mob account old, So first you need to update your billing information. Please find below link where you can find all the required step for update billing information: https://support.google.com/admob/answer/3337496?hl=en

Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jitender, as I said before, I created account yesterday. I checked billing information - it's OK.

Kandarp, i don't see any keywords or quality score in Admob campaigns. Also i'm promoting android application, so i don't think there is a problem with poor landing page (because it is Google Play)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey,

Sorry for inconvenience caused. I did mistake and didnt remember about admob. Anyway pls go throguh following link https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/quot-Ads-Showing-Yes-quot-No-impressions/t...

Many of members have replied on same topic.

Hope this helps!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Try shouting at Google... no really. Hike up your bids way above where you would ideally want them to be. This seems to get their attention and can kick start impressions. As soon as you see some impressions drop the bid down a bit, and keep dropping it little by little to the level you are happy with and that doesn't cut off the traffic. In any event, you can only spend your daily budget (plus 20% on any given day), so you're not going to run up a massive bill.

This does seem to work in many cases - please let us know how it works for you.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Kristina, If you are sure about your billing information then please increase your bids as said by ,Stickleback & also check once your ads status is approved or not.

---
Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, just did a search on here.
I also don't get impressions anymore:

- Signed up with Adwords
- Set up campaign
- started getting impressions, but only for $2-$3
- Set up 2nd campaign targeting only display as I assume I may get more traffic at low bids
- Started getting traffic for 2nd campaign as well.
- then boom, suddenly it's down to 0 impressions for both campaigns. No impressions at all

I just increase bids just now. But it seems odd, seems to start and then nothing at all. Anyone has seen this as well?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Kim,

Yeah, that does happen.

Could you please double check whether or not your ads or keywords have meanwhile been disapproved by Google? You can check on it via first clicking on the ADS or KEYWORDS tab respectively.

Regards,
Lakatos