AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

no clicks and conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting hundreds of impressions per a day but i am not getting enough clicks. In first week i got some clicks but now i am not getting any clicks and no more conversions. What may be the reasons for this issue can anyone please suggest me regarding this.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author iClasstraining i
September 2015

Re: no clicks and conversions

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Iclasstraining

is this a Search Campaign, Display or Shopping? etc

Assuming Search:

Are you getting impressions? You Said YES so

First check your Ad ave Position. If they are in the 3.5 range or lower then the ads generally appear on the side bar rather then the top ( most clicked area).

You will want to raise your bids and work on your Quality score to improve Ad rank, but Bids will have the fastest way to increase your Ave Position.

Look at your Ads next.
They all enabled, approved? If yes

Check your Ad Copy. Do your ads in your ad group resonate with the Keywords you have chosen. You may want to break your ad groups into smaller more defined keyword groups so that your ads really match your keywords as opposed to 100's of keywords trying to match up with 5-10-20 ad copies.

Next check Keyword:

Review your Quality score and Match Types. Are you using Negative keyword terms to make sure you are not getting impressions for Irrelevant keyword searches? Luckily you are not getting clicks for irrelevant keyword terms yet if you are using Broad match or Broad Match Modifiers.

Run the keyword Diagnostics test - Campaigns - Keywords - Details - Keyword Diagnosis
look for issues

Review Your Search Terms Report
what keyword queries are being shown?

Check you settings
Are you targeting correctly, is your ad schedule set?

Good luck, if you provide more details we can be more specific

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

You have already got good reply by my friend @Eric, I would like to say, please follow the below article to understand it better.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Sudden-Drop-in-Conversions-How-amp-...

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi iclasstraining i,
There are various reasons of not getting clicks.
1.Low bidding.
2.Using a single match type.
3.Targeting the wrong audience.
4.Not using a compelling ad text.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Iclasstraining,

Follow the suggestion Eric has shared. In addition check your -

1. Conversion code is working or not.
2. Check your landing page.
3. Research on Google about your product. See the competition, festive factors etc.
4. In first week you've got some clicks but after that nothing it is suggested to check change history report.

Hope this help.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Iclasstraining

is this a Search Campaign, Display or Shopping? etc

Assuming Search:

Are you getting impressions? You Said YES so

First check your Ad ave Position. If they are in the 3.5 range or lower then the ads generally appear on the side bar rather then the top ( most clicked area).

You will want to raise your bids and work on your Quality score to improve Ad rank, but Bids will have the fastest way to increase your Ave Position.

Look at your Ads next.
They all enabled, approved? If yes

Check your Ad Copy. Do your ads in your ad group resonate with the Keywords you have chosen. You may want to break your ad groups into smaller more defined keyword groups so that your ads really match your keywords as opposed to 100's of keywords trying to match up with 5-10-20 ad copies.

Next check Keyword:

Review your Quality score and Match Types. Are you using Negative keyword terms to make sure you are not getting impressions for Irrelevant keyword searches? Luckily you are not getting clicks for irrelevant keyword terms yet if you are using Broad match or Broad Match Modifiers.

Run the keyword Diagnostics test - Campaigns - Keywords - Details - Keyword Diagnosis
look for issues

Review Your Search Terms Report
what keyword queries are being shown?

Check you settings
Are you targeting correctly, is your ad schedule set?

Good luck, if you provide more details we can be more specific
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

You have already got good reply by my friend @Eric, I would like to say, please follow the below article to understand it better.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Sudden-Drop-in-Conversions-How-amp-...

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi iclasstraining i,
There are various reasons of not getting clicks.
1.Low bidding.
2.Using a single match type.
3.Targeting the wrong audience.
4.Not using a compelling ad text.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Iclasstraining,

Follow the suggestion Eric has shared. In addition check your -

1. Conversion code is working or not.
2. Check your landing page.
3. Research on Google about your product. See the competition, festive factors etc.
4. In first week you've got some clicks but after that nothing it is suggested to check change history report.

Hope this help.

Thanks,
Kaushik