AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

new to AdWords, need some help with account setup and some general questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am new to AdWords, I need some help with account setup and some general questions:

My company is based in Taiwan but we need to advertise on both Taiwan and US markets.

1. What time zone and currency do I use?  I currently have both PT and USD but when I called Taiwan phone support they said I need to register with TWD in order to answer tech related questions.  I can communicate in both Mandarin and English, and prefer to have PT time zone and USD if possible.

2. What are the support sites I can go to for the latest AdWords related questions?  I currently subscribe to both AdWords/GA youtube and their blog sites as well.

3. I just setup a new campaign lately but the views are too low,not sure what went wrong?  Perhaps the video targeting is too narrow?

Thank you,

Michael Mei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
May 2016

Re: new to AdWords, need some help with account setup and some general questions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

1. Use your time zone and the currency your company trades in...so if that's PT and USD then that's how you should use. That doesn't mean you can't advertise in Taiwan, or anywhere else, it just sets the currency you pay in and also the time zone for analytics etc.

2. This site is a great resource for AdWords assistance and I'd encourage you to use it as often as needed.

3. If your views are too low it could be for a number of reasons...sometimes the targeting is too narrow but it could be any number of reasons. More information would be needed to be able to determine what the cause is.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
May 2016

Re: new to AdWords, need some help with account setup and some general questions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

1. Use your time zone and the currency your company trades in...so if that's PT and USD then that's how you should use. That doesn't mean you can't advertise in Taiwan, or anywhere else, it just sets the currency you pay in and also the time zone for analytics etc.

2. This site is a great resource for AdWords assistance and I'd encourage you to use it as often as needed.

3. If your views are too low it could be for a number of reasons...sometimes the targeting is too narrow but it could be any number of reasons. More information would be needed to be able to determine what the cause is.

Hope this helps.