5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

new campaign ´keyword used by another ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am new to adwords. Was just experimenting with my first campaign so far I have one enable campaign with one ad group and with 5 image ads and one text ad. The image ads are still undergoing approval so why do some keywords still say that keywords used by another ad? how do i improve the keywords to bring down cpc and show the ads 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: new campaign ´keyword used by another ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Anumita,

To bring down the CPC:

• try different match types as exact match has highest CPC followed by phrase then broad.
  • Improve the quality score.
  • Make ads relevant to your keywords.
  • Use strong call to action and USP in the ad. 
  • Use ad extensions with the ad as more clicks better CTR, better CTR good Quality score.
  • use negative keywords to limit the no. of irrelevant impressions.

These will help you to increase the CTR in anyway which ultimately improves the QS.

And hence your CPC bid will cut down for the same position as ad rank is directly proportional to QS and the Bid amount.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit. But if i only have one active ad since 5 display ads are under review why do some keywords say keywords used by another ad

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

What is the status for your display ads??
If it is eligible then as per the adwords policy:
"Eligible -- Ad is still being reviewed. In the meantime, it can show on Google search pages and YouTube search results (TrueView ads), but not on the Google Display Network."

For your reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120?hl=en

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I suggest you bifurcate your different types of ads in different adgroups and analyse their individual performance.

Regards