2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

negative keywords blocking Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently my ads aren't showing because it says a negative keyword is preventing from showing my ads. And they specify that the negative Keyword is "Online" i have added combination of Online keywords as i am currently running an Online Deals campaign. I checked my campaigns negative keyword list as well and i havent added any negtive keywords that contains online on it.  Therefore why is "online" a negative keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: negative keywords blocking Ads

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dilhara,

Did you receive perhaps a notification and is that negative keyword appearing as an exact match ? 

I am asking because it happened to me and the only way to solve the notification was to contact google by chat. Here was their reply :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Negative-from-an-ad-group-blocking-exact-m...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

Can you please check adgroup level negative keyword lists too if you have
any.

Thanks
Neha

Sent by Phone
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Dilhara,

If you haven't yet, you may also want to double check that 'online' is not part of a "Shared Library" list of negatives assigned to your account.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’