1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

need a website to advertise on adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website is temporarily down. While we fix it, can I advertise on Adwords to drive traffic to a landing page with a sign up form?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: need a website to advertise on adwords?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Luis,

Thanks for posting your question. As you said Your website is temp down. So I can suggest to create a single page (related services) with all call to action and necessary things.

If your webisite gonna take long time you may use weebly, wordpress or blogger also.
Please check https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580289?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Luis,

Thanks for posting your question. As you said Your website is temp down. So I can suggest to create a single page (related services) with all call to action and necessary things.

If your webisite gonna take long time you may use weebly, wordpress or blogger also.
Please check https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580289?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Luis,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy

If you run any ads on AdWords, your main domain of your website should run. If your main website is not working, your ads get disapproved. So please make sure your main website should work all the time.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Luis,

What I expect, you are looking for some nice websites from where you can receive traffic. Am I right?

Go with managed placement using Google adwords (Display ads)

Create Image ad with call to action and fast loading landing page. Fast loading landing page will decrease your CPC and increase your quality score.

Your website is temporary down, it means you have website already.

Hope I helped you. If you are still in dilemma, please ask me.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Luis,

Thanks for posting! Kandarp gave some really helpful suggestions above. Just to add in response to your question: 'can I advertise on Adwords to drive traffic to a landing page with a sign up form?'. Make sure this landing page complies with AdWords policies (i.e. User Safety, Bridge Page, etc.). More information about the AdWords Landing Page policies can be found here: http://goo.gl/LyHU7L .

I hope this helps! 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Rachel Smiley Happy