AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

my image ad is not working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have text and image ads, all are approved. Text ads are active in search, and I can see their positive number of clicks, cost impression etc, but for my image ads its all always equal to 0.

What should I make my image ads work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author masesxe ge A
September 2015

Re: my image ad is not working?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is quiet alright, and I would advise against making that suggestion in future. Never give your access out.

I will give you a link to read through to understand display targeting. Your ads need to be told where you would like them to be shown before they will start showing.
Read the following posts to learn more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Make sure that your display ads have some form of targeting and all will be well.

Let me know if this resolves the situation

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Masesxe,

If you go to the ads tab and find one of these image ads, then mouse over the speech bubble in the status column, what does that say there? It will tell you why your ads are not showing.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ad.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunatly I can't insert the image in the reply, seems that google is very buggy today Smiley Happy
What I wanted to show is that there is no bubble in the status collumn, its just one word there- Approved. Also I think that in spite of that my text ads work in search they do not work in other partner sites. take into account that I selected "Search Network with Display Select - All features" and "All networks"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Apologies, the speech bubble is for text ads,

Ok, we have to look at your settings. What are your target settings for this ad group? What is your campaign type?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
campaign Type: All features - All options for the Search Network, with Display Select
Networks: ALL
Devices: ALL
Locations : Georgia (the country)
Do you need any other setting?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
The targetting for the ad group that has the images in it. It may simply be that you are not targeting anything or too much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well it shows that ad group gets its setting from Campaign,
I want my ads to show in different place. do you want to say that I need to restrict some targets to let my ads work correctly?
actually i can let you login in the adwords portal and have a see by yourself ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author masesxe ge A
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is quiet alright, and I would advise against making that suggestion in future. Never give your access out.

I will give you a link to read through to understand display targeting. Your ads need to be told where you would like them to be shown before they will start showing.
Read the following posts to learn more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Make sure that your display ads have some form of targeting and all will be well.

Let me know if this resolves the situation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the article, actually I miss setting up targeting under Campaign->display network tab. and this must be the reason. Well I need to learn better how it works, but I think it will solve my problem