my branded ad not showing on top with no competition
I'm trying to run an add on my brand name. It appears only on the bottom of desktop page one. There is nobody higher.
1. How do I get it to the top of the page?
2. How do I get sitselinks to show up?
Re: my branded ad not showing on top with no competition
There is no way to control placements between top, side and bottom positions for your ads. Keep in mind that in certain cases, displaying ads below search results fits better into the user’s flow as they scan the page from top to bottom. This can create a better experience for users, which makes for better results for advertisers.
As for your sitelinks, make sure that you review this article and the factors that determine if a sitelink shows:
- Your keyword's quality and max. CPC bid
- The position of your ad on Google search result pages (remember that if you are the only ad on the page, you are in position 1).
- The relevance of the landing pages of your ads and sitelinks.
- The relevance of other ads on the page.
- Other ad extensions that are enabled in your campaign.
- The search term used by a potential customer.
Here’s how to improve your chances of showing sitelinks:
- Keep sitelinks text short.
- Add the maximum amount of sitelinks you can to your campaign. Adding more sitelinks with different landing pages beyond the minimum required amount (two for desktop, one for mobile) increases the chances that they’ll show.
- Create sitelinks that send customers to pages that are relevant to your product or service.
- Make sure your sitelink URLs direct to unique landing pages, with unique content. Sitelinks within a campaign that point to the same content won't show.
- Improve the Quality Score of your keywords. Ads are more likely to appear with sitelinks where the ad has a position directly above or below Google search results, and where the keyword has a very high Quality Score.
- Make sure your sitelinks are all approved.
I hope that helps!
Re: my branded ad not showing on top with no competition[ Edited ]
September 2015 - last edited September 2015
I love the depth of your response Kathleen.
When an ad with sitelinks shows at the bottom of the search engine result set, that ad is unfortunately below the fold on many devices - hence reduced visibility.
Robert, I would suggest that since Google doesn't generally show Ford, BMW or IBM at the bottom of the search results, it could be that existing brand strength has something to do with where the algorithm decides to place your ad.
I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that visible algorithmic brand strength can be improved with certified 3rd party reviews or increased Google+ connections.