4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

multiple accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a company that sells sports equipment on 3 or 4 major websites. There is basically a site for baseball, a site for golf, and a site for sport padding. Currently everything is under one account, but we might be making some changes soon and I was thinking about creating separate accounts for each website. I know to be careful of having similar keywords in the accounts, but since each site caters to a different sport, that won't be a problem. I'd just like to know what people who have more experience than myself think about this. It seemed more organized this way, but I've read if it's all for the same client it should be in the same account. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmHelms
September 2015

Re: multiple accounts

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello kmHelms; welcome;

Since it is the same business; you might be violating the double serving section of the Policy.

Check if the different sites fulfill / satisfy the requirements listed for different sites under common ownership.

If those requirements cannot be fulfilled, then, you cannot have separate accounts.

Read more:

Double serving What's the policy?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, its more organized to manage each website in an separate account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmHelms
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello kmHelms; welcome;

Since it is the same business; you might be violating the double serving section of the Policy.

Check if the different sites fulfill / satisfy the requirements listed for different sites under common ownership.

If those requirements cannot be fulfilled, then, you cannot have separate accounts.

Read more:

Double serving What's the policy?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi kmHelms, just spotted this after I posted my reply to your other message - honest!

As I said in that other reply, in your case it might be suitable to use multiple Accounts.  The key is the exact relationship between those businesses/sites.  As Moshe has said, it could be a violation of the Double-Serving Policy; from what I've read in your case it might not be because the businesses/products are unrelated and all run on their own sites but I'd need to see the actual sites/business to even make a firm prediction.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a very similar problem. My client co-owns 4 completely different businesses, each has it's own website (1. hotel, 2. educational service 3. building industry 4.software).
Up to this point, all of those websites were advertised on a single AdWords account. Of course, this is a pretty messy situation, it would be much more convenient to have them each on a separate account.

Now, would it be ok if I made a new MCC account for my client, split the old account to 4 accounts (keeping the old one, but deleting the other campaigns from it), and connect all those 4 accounts to this new MCC?
Most problematic is the fact that there would the same payment information on each of those accounts (as my client co-own all 4 those websites).

I would then connect this MCC to my own MCC.

What do you think?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Aleksander W;

If those are distinct businesses each with each own physical address targeting different domains - that should be OK.