Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

mobile traffic only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What should be the device bid adjustment just to get mobile traffic? I mean if I choose +300%, does it mean that I need to pay 300% extra price (as compared to other devices)  to get traffic from mobile devices?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayush S
September 2015

Re: mobile traffic only

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Ayush,

With a mobile device bid adjustment of 300% you tell AdWords that it's allowed to bid 4 times higher than your normal bid when the searcher is using a mobile device.

Suppose you actually want to have a bid of $1 and primarily target mobiles devices, you could:

• set a bid of $0.25
  • set a mobile bid adjustment of +300% (on campaign or ad group level)

This will mean that you'll bid $1 ($0.25 x4) on mobile devices, and $0.25 on tablets and desktops, thus seriously favouring mobile devices in your campaign (or adgroup)

More info on bid adjustments

Hope this helps!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ayush,

Welcome to the AdWords Community Smiley Happy

You can choose lower bid for other device and increase the mobile device through Bid Adjustment – Like 300% in this your ads will get impressions and clicks maximum from Mobile Device compare than other devices.

If you choose 300% for Mobile Device then you are willing to pay 300% more for your ad position on specially for Mobile device but you have pay only once you will receive clicks from mobile device and that would be calculate as Avg. CPC. That might be lower than your Bid Amount.

You can find out more about Mobile Bid Adjustment here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167121?hl=en

Thanks,
Anand Kumar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ayush,

You have already received a excellent answer By Anand and Ken. If you wish to bid +300 on Mobile device, It does not mean your actual CPC would be +300% more than what are you paying earlier.

Actual CPC depends on the several factors, which is explained .

Thus Increasing the CPC bids by 300% means, your ads positions may achieve top positions but it does not mean you have to pay 300% more.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot, Anand Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ayush,

You can do this at the campaign level during campaign creation itself.
Create A Campaign >> Display Network - All Features >> Advanced Settings >> Device: Target Selected Mobile Devices & Tablets.

If you enable it the adwords will be restricted only to selected devices & platforms.

The other options available to get more mobile traffic is In-App Ads ( Ads within Mobile Apps)