5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

missing regions in my campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

not having much luck so far with adwords, joined today on adwords express and wanted a little more keyword control so selected adwords, and its too much confusing functionality to be honest and i'd like to say I'm fairly good at understanding things, but guess not. anyway rant over now to the problems

The campaign i'm trying to run i only want in my local area as its a competitive market, but when i use the map tool provided in adwords, i can select everywhere round me but not my postcode, there are a few other local regions also totally missing, as in don't show up when searched in any way, show up if you select nearby, nothing, no way of selecting. my postcode is cf81 and the town is bargoed, its also not the only one missing, but it means my campaign is basically missing the one area that is most important.

theres other problems but thats the first. any help would be appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: missing regions in my campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Yes, unlike AW Express, AdWords is much more comprehensive with a lot of controls in our hands. As a result, one can be overwhelmed sometimes Smiley Happy . But it worth this complexity. As you familiarize yourself with the interface, things would start getting easier gradually.

Anyway let me come to your question. Have you tried Radius Targeting? You will find it under Advanced Search option. Here are the screen shots for you -

advanced-search.png

radius-targeting.png

Hope it helps. 

Happy Advertising!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.