3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

minimum spend affecting partner status

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My digital marketing agency became a Google Partner last year. We have maintained our status by passing all the exams. However we lost a big client who was accounting for the majority of our ad spend. So we are no longer meeting the minimum spend requirement. My question is how much time will Google give us to get new clients and get the minimum spend back up? We've been pitching new clients but its a competitive field.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: minimum spend affecting partner status

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
As much time as you wish. Once you meet (again) the minimum spend, your Partner status will be "renewed". (As long as you continue to be certified)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Adina Z,

Sorry to hear of your client change. This stuff does happen, so be tough and acquire new ones. 

As a badged Google Partner, I would like to add to @MosheTLV correct reply. 

Your performance is assessed for a 90 day period, so having a drop in spend for one month can be made up with a spend in the next month. You still have a chance to maintain your badged Google Partner status. 

If you cannot do that, you will actually be given a warning and a very short grace period to correct. After that, you would need to stop using the badge on your website and marketing and claiming to be a badged Google Partner until you regain the badge. 

I recently wrote about the new requirements for being badged here in the Google Partners

Please let us know if we can help with anything further.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you! If you we temporarily lose our google partner status, can I still use my "Google Certified Indivdual" badge to promote myself until our client spend goes back up (I am just thinking "what if" and just in case)? Does the "individual" badge still exist & where can I find it? Now that I am a badged partner I only see my partner badge but not the indivdual badge or where to find it....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Adina Z,

You are very welcome. 

Yes, as long as your certifications are valid... you are certified. Being certified is required to be a badged Google Partner, but being a badged Google Partner is not required to be certified. 

If you visit Google Partners and visit Overview (left hand menu column) and click on My Profile, your certifications will be listed under your profile image. Click on those and save them to your computer. You can print them and frame them or use them to your liking. Even when you are not badged, your certifications, tests, training, etc.. will be at Google Partners. 

Please let us know how things go and if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess you can get the partner status back as soon as your spent amount is on the right side of the benchmark. (Calculated for last three months). I don't think time matters here. Thank.

Cheers,

Harry

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’