Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

merchant centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

As our ad was not appearing on google search. so I received bellow support from google adword support.

"Amit, I investigated your AdWords account and found that at the moment you only have product listing ads in your account. I checked the set up of your account from the AdWords end as well as the Merchant Center end and have confirmed that it is correct and your ads are eligible to show.

However, the reason why they are not showing is because you do not have any active products in your Merchant Center account, as you have not uploaded any data feeds in your account. So, all you need to get your ads to start running is create a data feed and upload it in your account.

Once you do this, your ads should start running within 12 to 72 hours."

But I m not interested in retail sell. We just need to show our ads on Google search, so our interested customers can redirect to our website from google search.

Pls. advice if I still need to create a datafeed and upload it in merchant centre account ? or whatever I done in adword account is enough and there is no need to do anything else, my ads will appear itself in google search engine, as my status shows "approved" ?

Thanks
Amit
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: merchant centre

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi parasramka,

If you don't want retail, you don't need to use product listing ads or the merchant center at all.

Set up a Google search campaign (if you want to be on Google itself) then you need to create your adgroups and add your keywords into each adgroup. Write your ads and you're good to go.

Have you just started with adwords or have you been doing it in the past?

This link takes you to how an account should be structured and might help

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

In addition to Purefuzz response;

I replied to your other post & at that time your adcopy staus was "Eligible" as I told you it means ads can only appear in Search Results. Since now you saying that your adcopy status are approved. I would recommend you to check your adcopy in AdPreview & Diagnosis Tool. Are you still seeing message "Ads are not eligible to run on search network?

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi parasramka,

If you don't want retail, you don't need to use product listing ads or the merchant center at all.

Set up a Google search campaign (if you want to be on Google itself) then you need to create your adgroups and add your keywords into each adgroup. Write your ads and you're good to go.

Have you just started with adwords or have you been doing it in the past?

This link takes you to how an account should be structured and might help

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

In addition to Purefuzz response;

I replied to your other post & at that time your adcopy staus was "Eligible" as I told you it means ads can only appear in Search Results. Since now you saying that your adcopy status are approved. I would recommend you to check your adcopy in AdPreview & Diagnosis Tool. Are you still seeing message "Ads are not eligible to run on search network?

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

As per your post, it looks like you contacted Adwords support for your Product Listing Ads (PLAs) and then Adwords support team member rightly guided you to create product feed and all to follow.

But the concern is that if you didn't want to go into all these complexities of what PLAs are, what Merchant Center, product feed etc....are, then you should have created a simple Google Search Campaign targeting Search network, creating ad groups, ads based on your product line and that's it...Adam also pointed this above.

You are saying that your ads are not showing. As Neha also rightly pointed, did you ever try Ad Preview and Diagnosis?

Are your text ads eligible or approved?

When you simply hover mouse over the speech bubble of your text ad, what does it say? Ad showing or not showing?

There is no need to search for your ad on live google search because it will hurt your own numbers like impressions, CTR etc..Rather use Ad Preview and diagnosis.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj