Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

max. cpc / top page bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1) can i change my max. bid for a particular keyword (the entire campaign ive setup with max bid as 8) can i increase max bid for a particular keyword in the adgroup?

2) after adding the columns "first page bid estimates" to the keyword tab - side bar column shows certain figures, where as "top page bid column" doesn't show any figures (its blank)... what does that mean? what could be the reason?

Kindly help,

Thanks,

Linda Jones

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by mynameisel (Follower ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Re: max. cpc / top page bid

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

You can set maximum CPC bid for any keywords in ad group, in order to do that click on keywords tab and then at max cpc column click on the current cpc bid and then make changes on bid. In order to set cpc bid for each keyword you must using manual bidding for your campaign.

I think reason behind why Google is not showing top page bid can be Google don't have good enough bid data for those keywords.

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Linda,

Yes, you can change the maximum bid for a keyword within an ad group. To do so you will need to navigate to the ad group containing the keyword(s) you wish to change the bid for and then click through to the keyword list. In the Max. CPC column you can click the value next to a keyword to change it. 

I haven't come across it myself but the Est. Top Page Bid can apparently be blank when edits are made to bids.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

You can set maximum CPC bid for any keywords in ad group, in order to do that click on keywords tab and then at max cpc column click on the current cpc bid and then make changes on bid. In order to set cpc bid for each keyword you must using manual bidding for your campaign.

I think reason behind why Google is not showing top page bid can be Google don't have good enough bid data for those keywords.

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Linda,

Yes, you can change the maximum bid for a keyword within an ad group. To do so you will need to navigate to the ad group containing the keyword(s) you wish to change the bid for and then click through to the keyword list. In the Max. CPC column you can click the value next to a keyword to change it. 

I haven't come across it myself but the Est. Top Page Bid can apparently be blank when edits are made to bids.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.