AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

marketing rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to know the marketing rates for banner advertising of Google and Pay per click pricing..

Re: marketing rates

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
OK so these are fairly broad questions, but I will try to help you.

1. Banner advertising - by this I assume you are referring to image ads on the display network. The rate for this is usually determined by a variety of factors. Primarily keyword based usage of the GDN uses the normal algorithm of: Ad Rank = Display Network bid × Quality Score

2. Pay per click pricing - by this I'm assuming that you mean on the Search network within Google, but it could be Display too. This is a really broad question and I suggest that you read the below linked article on Quality Score, because QS is really the main factor in all of Google's pricing decisions:

http://www.ppchero.com/ultimate-guide-to-adwords-quality-score/

Can you have a read through this and then come back to me with further detailed questions?
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to add only a couple of things to the great advice that you already received :

1) This link explains the cost options in the Display network

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/manage-your-ads/manage-costs.html

At the begining I did let google perform automatic bidding with an maximum limit set by myself, and after seeing some clicks and sorting out the placements which did not convert , I started manual bidding .

2) You can use the Display Ad planner to get an ideea of what placements to chose :

https://www.google.com/adplanner/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rabia,

As per your question -

Banner Advertising On Google Is Called Google Display Network. Adrian has already given you the link to understand Display Network. Also, he has sent you a link to an awesome tool called Adplanner.

Now to understand Display more better -

-It is divided into three parts Content, Placements & Remarketing.

-It can work on mobiles and also desktops.

-Remarketing is one of the best methods to acquire already visited users on your website, but the ones who didnt bring anything from you.

-The rates in Google Display Network are always CPC based. Or Per Click Basis. Google does show the CPM costing. But you should preferably buy on CPC basis. Suggest you to not run automatic bidding. Manual bidding is a better option. Plan your budget. Plan your final outcome. Decide your bids accordingly. But remember, dont be sure you would get the rates you expect. A lot depends on various factors. Those factors are present in the links provided by Adrian. Check Google Display Network On Youtube For A More Interactive Session If you Prefer Watching And Understand Than Reading. Link

Pay Per Click On Google Is called Search Advertising.

You have been provided links. Once you would go through them you would then understand both the terms. Infact one suggestion to you is check Google Business Channel On Youtube.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Chetan,

A small correction on your part: "Pay Per Click On Google Is called Search Advertising."

That's somewhat incorrect. Pay Per Click applies to both Search and Display. It is very rare that CPM is used anymore, and on both networks the advertiser pays for clicks. Search network is more commonly known and popular, but it remains the PPC is not exclusively Search.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ohh yes thats true. Thanks For correcting me. Just had it off my mind.Smiley Embarassed

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
No sweat, it's an easy thing to do! Your post was very informative.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+