Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

map clickid with the cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Can somebody tell me whether we are able to map the cost for a specific click with the 'clickid' google generates with the click?

Thanks

DJ

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: map clickid with the cost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello DJ,

Please correct me if I am wrong here: Do you want to pass the average cost for a click with the id that is being generated on the fly, when someone hits a click on an ad?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Pankaj,

Not the average cost. I want to know whether we can attribute the monetary cost to each click please?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

You are already getting the data of Average Cost per Click as a metric inside AdWords interface, which actually takes an average of the actual cost clicks have derived.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Sorry for the confusion . I want to know whether we can find the actual cost for a specific click? For example one click could cost 10p and another click 20p. Interface provides the average cost as you said. Can we find out 10p and 20p costs somewhere and mapped them with the associate clickid.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dilan,

If you cross check the Keywords report (under Keywords Tab) then you can exactly got this data that which keyword is giving your 10p & 20p avg. cpc (Cost Per Click).

Please find below the Screenshot of keywords report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLQWt1VGc5MEV6Ync/view?usp=sharing

Please let us know if you have query.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,
Thanks for that. But that is 'Average' CPC. I want to know whether we can track each clickid based cost. That is actual cpc that has been charged for that specific clickid.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Dilan,

You'd likely need to run some reports through the AdWords API to extract each click by GCLID and then associate the costs and other performance data.

Something like this: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/click-performance-report#externalcus...

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PPCBossman,
Thanks for that. click-performance report provides you the clickid. But it doesn't give you any associate costs. Do you know any other service or report where I can match these. So far I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
No really - I'm not much of an API dev myself. Sorry.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’