AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

make a keyword trigger no matter the AD Rank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get a word to trigger on my ad campaign.

I have a simple word that isn't getting triggered because another word or group of words is getting triggered instead. Is there a way I can make this lower ranked keyword trigger anyway despite another out ranking it?

I have already changed my add to accelerated and understand that it will deplete my funds faster.

I have also tried increasing my daily limit. but this hasn't worked.

many thanks, hope there is some kind of setting. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: make a keyword trigger no matter the AD Rank

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Your ad will trigger if the bid is high enough in conjunction with the QS - since you cannot directly influence the QS the only thing you can do in the short term is hike the bid.

As @pankaj1782 suggests putting this keyword in it's own ad group and then adding it as a negative in the other groups will help - then you can also write the ad to include the keyword once or better still twice - and then develop a specific landing page centred around this keyword - with the keyword in the page title, the meta, h1 and body.... all these latter will help with the QS - but perhaps not immediately.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Without going into deeper details, can't you simply pause the other keywords you don't want triggering the ad?
Do you use them to trigger search terms that your preferred keyword isn't triggering?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

If that keyword is so important for you, why don't you launch it in a separate ad group or may be a separate campaign targeting that single keyword in exact match type (with higher bidding) and see how it works.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Your ad will trigger if the bid is high enough in conjunction with the QS - since you cannot directly influence the QS the only thing you can do in the short term is hike the bid.

As @pankaj1782 suggests putting this keyword in it's own ad group and then adding it as a negative in the other groups will help - then you can also write the ad to include the keyword once or better still twice - and then develop a specific landing page centred around this keyword - with the keyword in the page title, the meta, h1 and body.... all these latter will help with the QS - but perhaps not immediately.