Guide Me
star_border

mac Ads disaproval

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I am trying to promote an App for Mac. I mentioned Mac, OS X and Yosemite in the ad copy and saw the mail coming to me, from Google.

Around late April, the Google AdWords policy on unsupported content will change to include additional requirements related to free desktop software downloads. If you don't promote free desktop software, this change shouldn't impact you.

After this change, you won't be allowed to promote free desktop software unless the ad explicitly names the promoted software and leads to the designated primary distribution source for the software.

If you advertise free desktop software, please make sure that your ads and landing pages meet the following standards:
-- The ad includes the promoted software's name
-- The ad directs to a landing page on the site that's designated as the software's primary distribution source

Google will be providing software developers an opportunity to designate their primary distribution source for use with these ads.

It means I am missing some mistake of using Mac or its products in the ad copy. I have gone through the advertising and copyright page of Adwords also. 

Wanted to know if I could use the Registered logo just after Mac or MacBook, so that I am fine with the rules? If not, please help me in getting it right.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: mac Ads disaproval

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Jack N,

No you cannot use registered logo in your Ad unless Apple give you consent and inform Google about it. About your Ads and destination page, we cannot check if there is a problem with your Ads or Destination page.

Alex

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: mac Ads disaproval

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Jack N,

No you cannot use registered logo in your Ad unless Apple give you consent and inform Google about it. About your Ads and destination page, we cannot check if there is a problem with your Ads or Destination page.

Alex