3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

luxury goods industy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the most effective online advertising tools for luxury goods industry?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: luxury goods industy

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jia,

Thanks for posting! I'm a bit biased, but I'd definitely recommend AdWords! 

You could try setting up a 'search' campaign and also take a look at creating a 'display' campaign. For the display campaign, you can add topics as one of your targeting methods. Topic targeting lets you place your AdWords ads on website pages about those topics (for example, sports, music, jobs). There is an option to add 'luxury goods' as a topic in this section. More information about topics can be found here: http://goo.gl/4n8USh. 

I'd also recommend taking a look at the Merchant Center to see if you could set up a shopping campaign for certain luxury products that can be bought online. Here is a link to the Merchant Center Help Center: http://goo.gl/Lj0sTg.

Hope this helps! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Within AdWords there are two main platforms - search and display.

With search you are targeting people by what they are searching for (to state the blindingly obvious!) so it is keyword based - thus someone searching for "rolex watch" would trigger one of your ads and be taken to a landing page for your rolex watches..... or as Rachel suggests, to one of your shopping ads offering Rolex watches....

With display, the person is in a different frame of mind. They are not actively looking for your product - but, just like an ad in a glossy magazine, you place your ad where you feel you are most likely to reach your target audience - so in this example, you would perhaps be placing you ad on pages related to, say, yachting, or polo, or a high class fashion blog, etc.

you can also target further by demographics, in the US you can target by household income - that's pretty cool. Or by postcode - there are lists available online of the most expensive postcodes.....

Of course, we are talking about AdWords - there are other places where you can segment out by demographics to run display ads - linkedin and facebook, for example. But Google is the place to start for the search traffic.....

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Jia,

Agree with Rachel here. AdWords can be a great advertising platform for the Luxury Goods Industry. Not only does it let you send out send out custom messaging ( which would be essential for a Luxury good industry), it can also help you communicate to the right set of audiences there by acting as a great filter when it comes to qualified audiences.

Do let us know, if you do decide to go ahead with AdWords maybe we can guide through the initial stages of your campaign launch.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"