AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

locations extensions for MCC

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running several campaigns for different businesses (not my own businesses) and need to link a different location extension to each of the campaigns. When I have tried it the system wants me to google my business, which brings up my various branches around the country.

How do I assign the business location of my clients to their individual Adwords campaign?

Re: locations extensions for MCC

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Lee N,

You are correct, you do need to sync your clients Google My Business (GMB) account in order to add their location extension. To do this, you will need their login information (or they can send an invitation to the email you provide if they do not wish to disclose that information) to their GMB account and an alternative email address (for this example we will use, alternativeemail@address.com) -- I suggest creating a catchall so you can create multiple addresses (one for each client) and have them sent to the same inbox.

AdWords:

The first step is, in a clients adwords account, select the gear in the top right and select 'account settings' then 'account access' and enter the alternative email address & change their access level to administrative access (Pictures below)

Location ext.png

Once you 'Send invitation' log in to alternativeemail@address.com and you should get an invitation almost immediately *there are times it can take a little longer*

Accept the invite, fill out the information (name, password, etc). Now that email has administrative access!

Depending on whether or not your client(s) provides you with their login information or not, you do one of the following:

If they give you the login -- Go into their GMB account and in the top right corner select 'manage account' (this will work IF the clients GMB is actually set up)

my account.png

It will take you to a page and in the middle will be the button 'Manage Permissions' 

manage permissions.JPG

In the top right of the pop up will be a little icon that you select

add manager.JPG

Add alternativeemail@address.com and save. Then alternativeemail@address.com will get an email invitation. 

Accept the invitation by clicking on the URL **If you are logged in using other emails I suggest copying the URL and going into incognito mode to accept the invitation*

When you click on the URL it will take you to the GMB login page. Login under alternativeemail@address.com and accept the invitation. 

Now that you are logged in and have accepted the invitation, go into AdWords (still in incognito mode) and sign in using alternativeemail@address.com. Select 'Campaigns' at the top, go to 'AdExtensions' and "Location Extensions" - Select the red '+ Extension' button and the pop up should show how many locations there are that you could sync. 

You can select, 'locations I pick' if there are multiple addresses and you only want one to sync. Now you're done!!

2. If the client doesn't want to give you their GMB login, give them the alternativeemail@address.com to add as a manager and you just wait for the invitation! Be aware that the invitations do expire so you will want to have your clients inform you when they sent the invitation.

* It is important to note that you cannot have two GMB accounts synced to an AdWords account.

I hope this was helpful!

Jillian

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received an email notification for this post but it's not me who posted the question.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry @Lee N,

That is the name for the person who posted, I must have selected the wrong one!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem Smiley Happy