Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

linking to adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

Iam planning to get my adword certifications through my gmail id. However, I created a dummy adword account with the same gmail id to understand managing the adword account. 

My question is-  if I pass my certifications linked to my gmail id, how can I link it with a company id in future for online marketing? The company also will have reservations linking financial billing to my personal gmail id.

Cheers,

D Johnson

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepa J
September 2015

Re: linking to adwords account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepa J,

If the company sets up an adwords partner account then they can link multiple addresses to this account including yours.
https://www.google.co.za/partners/

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

Thank you for the reply.
As a further clarification, are you saying that the company can set up a new adword account and include my gmail id as one of its administrators ? When included, will my partner status(certification) be used for the company adword account ? Is there any limit on how many adword accounts can use my gmail id as admin?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Deepa
Sorry to interrupt, you may only associate 1 email ID with 1 adword account, thats the end of the story. If you already have an adwords account with an email ID then no can grant access to another adwords account with the same ID. If you get certified with a company created gmail ID, the company can surely use it to acquire Google partners status, On the other hand, if the ID belongs and created by you, then you are free to use it and create you MCC account where you can maintain multiple accounts (clients).

Even if you create and cancel an account with an email ID, you will not get access to that particular ID

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You may create new email ID and take certification exams again, that is not an issue at all.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yeah creating more than 1 mail id for the adwords certification is not a problem

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepa J,

If the company sets up an adwords partner account then they can link multiple addresses to this account including yours.
https://www.google.co.za/partners/

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

Thank you for the reply.
As a further clarification, are you saying that the company can set up a new adword account and include my gmail id as one of its administrators ? When included, will my partner status(certification) be used for the company adword account ? Is there any limit on how many adword accounts can use my gmail id as admin?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Deepa
Sorry to interrupt, you may only associate 1 email ID with 1 adword account, thats the end of the story. If you already have an adwords account with an email ID then no can grant access to another adwords account with the same ID. If you get certified with a company created gmail ID, the company can surely use it to acquire Google partners status, On the other hand, if the ID belongs and created by you, then you are free to use it and create you MCC account where you can maintain multiple accounts (clients).

Even if you create and cancel an account with an email ID, you will not get access to that particular ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ajay,

If I create a new gmail id & adword account to change the currency for billing information, should i take the exams again to get the certification?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You may create new email ID and take certification exams again, that is not an issue at all.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yeah creating more than 1 mail id for the adwords certification is not a problem