linking adwords and analytics
the help screen in analytics is not working - on how to link/unlnk adwords account to analytics - becuase the 'Adwords Linking' options no longer appears under Accounts, as the help script says. can you tell me how to find this option?
Re: linking adwords and analytics
In order to link the accounts, you would need a common email address that is listed as an administrator on both the AdWords and the Analytics account. To add an email address (that is already listed as an administrator on the AdWords account) to the Analytics account, please follow the below mentioned steps
1. Log in to your Analytics account using an email address that is listed as an administrator on the Analytics account.
2. Click the Admin tab at the top right of any page in Analytics.
3.Click the account to which you want to add an administrator.
4. Click the Users tab.
5. Click + New User.
6. Enter the email address that you would like to add to the Analytics account.
7. Select Administrator below the email address field.
8. Click Create User to create the new user.
3. To link your AdWords account with the Analytics account, please follow the steps provided at this link. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en
4. After linking the accounts, please enable cost source by following the below mentioned steps:
Click the Admin tab at the top right of any Analytics page.
Click the account to which you want to import cost data, and then select the relevant property.
Use the Profile drop down menu to select the profile.
Click the Profile Settings tab.
Under AdWords Cost Source Settings, check the Apply cost sources box.
Click the Apply button.
After linking the accounts, please allow 24 hours for the AdWords data to start importing into the Analytics account. This will allow you to see the clicks and visits data from AdWords in the Analytics account (under Advertising->AdWords).
Hope it helps you.