AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

linking ads to key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created both some new ad words and new ads for an existing campaign. what i cannot figure out is how to make sure certain key words match certain ads. I cannot find any place to do that. Also, i want to increase the targeting of one area over another, but i do not see a setting for a geographic location setting for key words. Any help there would be great, too.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: linking ads to key words

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pam,

The basic AdWords entity you should be familiar with is an ad campaign. A campaign may house multiple ad groups while ad groups consist of ad copies and keywords.

Geo- or location targeting is a campaign level feature that can be adjusted after clicking on the *Settings* tab. You cannot set geo-targets at an ad group, ad copy or keyword levels.

I am not sure I understand your first query the right way. Anyway, I think you are interested in how you should structure your ad copies and keywords into ad groups. In short: it should be done in a way that ads and keywords around a common theme are grouped in one ad group.

Please also refer to below link:

*** How ad groups work ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375404?hl=en

Best,
Lakatos

Re: linking ads to key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this info!