2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

landing page unavailability due to site is reuploading

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, My client have problem in his website may be its hacked. But i have the complete clean backup of his website & now i want to completely remove his cuurrent website from his server & upload the old backup i have but it is a huge website and it will take 5-6 hours to completely upload on his server, so in that time the website will unavailable because of uploading process......now currently his campaign is pause because of site issues so now is there any problem if his ads landing pages will unavailable for some hours in his campaign ? I didn't start website uploading process yet please advice 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: landing page unavailability due to site is reuploading

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Web,

If the campaign been paused while backup uploading process I don't think there should be any problem for your campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok means if campaign is paused then google didn't check about landing pages unavailability right ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
As far as I know if the campaign is not working there wont be no issues. But lets wait for someone else idea too Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok so you also little unsure about it......I also trying to find in google policies about it but nothing there. hope so someone reply asap and solve this confusion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

I agree with Nisal. Same understanding on my side as well.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Web D
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Yeah there are no policy like that, Usually you cant advertise without a landing page, Ad wont work without it, But in this scenario you are pausing the campaign that mean your ad wont run. So there is not reason for a violation. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think confusion is clear & I can upload the website now. Thanks Nisal & Abhishek for your replies

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
If your problem being solved, Please mark any reply as a solution. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what has been said above, Google reviews all the ads even if they are paused (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120?hl=en).

It's good that you have paused your campaigns, but it is better that you upload the backup site ASAP, which is clean and error free and most importantly is in compliance with AdWords policies.

My Opinion!

Pankaj