Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keywords with the same correspondence

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, guys and girls

What do you think about the same keywords on two ad grups with different correspondence (i.e phrase and exact). I seen what this makes the words are not driven by the fact that compete with one another. Is that plausible?

Thanks to all!

P.S. I'm from Brasil, sorry for the language mistakes! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keywords with the same correspondence

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI dsgbani7pontos,

That is a recommended campaign structure for many here on the forum. Google assumes bids for more restrictive match types will be higher. In other words, broad match will be the lowest bid, phrase match a bit higher and exact match highest. The QS you will see for each match type should be roughly equivolent, as that QS is based on the exact match term.

If you place the same bid on all match types, you may need to place negative keywords for the un-used match types within each group. In the broad match group, add negatives for phrase and exact match types. In the phrase group, add negatives for exact match--you shouldn't need broad match negatives in the exact match group.

After setting this up, use the ad preview tool to make sure it works the way you expect.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Thanks, Pete   You confirmed what I think and I do. But,...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Pete

You confirmed what I think and I do. But, in some cases, the Google say me what a keyord is blocking the same keyword on another adgroup, becouse I've two keyword on different adgroups.

Another point, you say me to use negative keyword. Curiosity, today I did read a article on PPC hero where they say what the keyword level score is calculated by the performance of search queries that exactly match your keyword. Therefore, your Quality Score will be the same for a keyword, regardless of match type.

It's true?

I do this question becouse I have some problem with search terms. The Google don't show us the keywords what not was clickeds. It's so bad. Do you have some solution for this?

One more time, thanks!

Re: Thanks, Pete You confirmed what I think and I do. But,...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

HI dsgbani7pontos,

The important thing for you to know about QS is that it is calculated for each and every query that could trigger your ad. The QS you see in the interface is not necessarily the same as the QS for a particular query. The ad also has a QS, but it is hidden away a little bit. Each ad will rotate according to your settings. The ad selected will also affect your QS at the time of the query, but isn't necessarily included with the calculation for QS shown in the UI. That's a little vague.

So, when you hover over the bubble and it say "another keyword is triggering this ad" means only for that exact phrase. Red shoes, "red shoes" and [red shoes] will all show the same QS in the interface, but that will not always be the case. Use the ad preview tool to test broad and phrase match terms. QS is dynamic, not static by any means.

If you look at your data, I think you will find the boad match terms are generating impression (and I hope clicks). That couldn't happen if the negative matches are blocking them. Look at the data. Sometimes Google's message is misleading because of the way it calculates and evaluates within the AdWords UI.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords